Here is a Halloween Ritual or Day of the Dead Ritual for You to Tap into your Ancestors by Dream Wise
On Halloween Night, when the Veil between the worlds is at its thinnest, take some time for yourself to connect with your ancestors. It can be your ancestors, a celebrity, spirit guide, etc. What you want to do is see who comes through or pick a specific ancestor to come through.
Since the Veil is Thinnest during these days and nights, it is the perfect time to connect with your deceased loved ones. All you have to do is set the intention and hold a conversation with them in your mind.
On your Ancestor Alter make new room for some of their favorite foods and drinks, things they enjoyed and candles. Basically, take that old stuff off your ancestor alter.😂
Take this opportunity to say what you need to say, ask for guidance, or just enjoy their company. Remember, they are always with you but during these special days and nights, it’s easier to connect.
Here is a ritual you can do to help you tap into them even heavier:
- Around your Ancestor alter, light some candles and incense to create a relaxed atmosphere. Use music and sounds to enhance the energy.
- Sit down comfortably or stand and close your eyes. Take several deep breaths in and out to center yourself.
- Visualize a bright white light surrounding you and your ancestor alter. This light is filled with love and protection.
- Now imagine a door appearing in front of you. This door leads to the spiritual realm. Take a step through.
- You find yourself in a beautiful garden. In the distance, you see your ancestor or ancestors waiting for you. They are happy to see you and welcome you with open arms.
- Spend some time talking with them, asking questions, or just listening to what they have to say. When you’re done, thank them for their time and love.
- Say goodbye and step back through the door. Take a few moments to ground yourself before opening your eyes.
This is just a quick ritual that you can do to connect with your ancestors on Halloween night or any other night for that matter! Just remember to set the intention and be open to whatever comes through!